Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Wine Loft - Southlake - Getting Better...Maybe?

RATING: 80/100

I really like the concept of this place.  We needed a place like this.  I was tired of going to downtown Grapevine.  My first experience here was not good.  It wasn't terrible either.  My group all had the same feeling that the staff was inexperienced and the owner couldn't manage them well.  The food was really great.  The wines are wonderful.  The atmosphere is great.  The only issue we had on our first visit was the staff.  They were unaccommodating. We sat upstairs and the reserved tables/sofas made it very awkward for those of us that were there.  The other 2 sets of people were making comments about how they couldn't figure out where to sit.  The staff acted like, "good luck"...
By the way, the reserved tables were never occupied during our entire visit.  The prices are a fraction high, but not too bad.  I have had a few friends tell me they wouldn't go back because of the prices.  I think that just comes from the fact that things cost more now.  Some people haven't gotten used to that yet...

Ok, I gave them a second chance.  The second visit was much better.  I think the owner had a good talk with the staff.  They were much friendlier and the visit was much better.  It only takes one bad day to really affect the future of a place.  I hope they continue to improve.

Wine Loft on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

iFOODCASTER.com Dallas restaurants