Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Feedstore BBQ - Southlake - Just So So...

RATING: 78/100

OK, I hated to give this place below an 80, but I have to be true to the experience.  I normally won't read any of the other reviews until I post what I believe to be true.  I was certain that this place would have good reviews because of it's loyal following.  I was surprised to see that most of the reviews thought the same thing I did.  That is... the place is really charming.  The location is very cool.  The food...well, it isn't good.  BBQ is a real science. I know good BBQ!  I also know my limitations.  I am a decent cook, but I leave BBQ to the pros and a few of my good friends.  The brisket here is very dry and the smoke flavor isn't right.  The ribs are over cooked.  The sauce is OK, but not great.  Most of what I tasted seemed re-heated or just not fresh out of the smoker.  I realize it is hard to run a BBQ place because of food staging.  But, that is why there are great places and then places like this.  The place was busy when I visited.  When a place is busy and the food isn't top notch, that usually means the owners have a lot of friends, or the people that live in that area just haven't had real BBQ.  I think it is a mixture of both in this case.  I would say to give this place a try.  Maybe they were having a bad day.  The food isn't terrible.  It just isn't great.

Feedstore BBQ and More on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

iFOODCASTER.com Dallas restaurants